(STEP 1) CONSULT
Contact us for a consultation
Whether you’re looking to renovate the whole kitchen or just update some features of your home, RoomFour can help.
Our team of experienced designers and registered builders can assist you in choosing quality materials and trades for any renovation.
You can either come see us in our showroom located in Yarraville or Kew, via the website Contact Form or call us on 1300 076 664
We will initially arrange a time to meet with you in our showroom as this is a great opportunity for us to truly understand your vision for your renovation.
You can see firsthand the passion and experience our team have when it comes to delivering exceptional renovations.
Some things to prepare for the first consultation include:
• Having any floor plans, details of works carried out previously and photos of your kitchen space are a great start as these will allow our designers to provide best recommendations and advise for your renovation plans.
• Having an idea of the most important things you’re looking to get out of your renovation, e.g. more space, more surface bench space, etc. Our experienced renovation team can provide advice on any aspects you’re unsure of.
• Having some design ideas, which could be in the form of magazine cut-outs, photos of other kitchens or screenshots from websites. This will help our team understand the kind of look you’re after for your kitchen.
• Having an idea of what your budget spend is. Our team will be able to advise you on what is realistic within the budget you have allocated.
• A time frame you would like to work to. Take note of anything that is likely to slow or delay the renovation process, such as family coming to stay.
In Home Consultation
After meeting in the showroom and establishing the design and type of renovation you’re looking for, we then arrange a time to come meet you in your home to view the kitchen space.
Measure Site and Discuss Solutions
We measure the site location so that we can build a realistic idea of how everything will piece together.
Measuring the space will allow us to develop a plan around your requirements and gain a realistic idea of how the various aspects of the kitchen will come together.
Some things we look at include:
• Doorways and wall structuring
• Electrical wiring in the walls
• Electricity and its proximity to water sources
Plan Drawings and Elevations
We’ll take all the information that we’ve gained throughout our consultation to then begin drawing up the plans and designs. These plans will be what is used by the builders to carry out the renovation.
The drawings will include all changes to be made and what the new kitchen will ultimately look like.
Determine and Source Costs
There are a number of various factors that can affect the cost of the renovation, i.e. structural work.
The main aspects we look at to determine costs include:
• Structural Renovation
– this can involve re-stumping, extending areas and taking walls down.
• Cosmetic Renovations
– this includes painting, replacing floors, updating kitchen areas, fitting fixtures.
RoomFour have a wide network of tradespeople and suppliers. We are able to source materials and products from a number of quality suppliers to ensure you get the best value from your renovation.
We have experience in both structural and cosmetic renovations – so you won’t run into any nasty surprises down the track.
Prepare Your Quote
Once we’ve gone through the in-home consultation process, i.e. discussing kitchen ideas, getting floor plans, measuring your kitchen, drawing new house plans and determining the costs involved in your home renovations, we can then get to work preparing a competitive quote for you that is transparent and doesn’t cut corners.